Friday, April 23, 2010

Scallop Square Skirt

Have you seen the scallop square purse yet? It is super popular right now. (I haven't made one yet, but it will be my next sewing project :) I took the idea of the purse and made a skirt instead! Every once in a while I come up with something on my own that surprises me. That is pretty much how I feel about this. I am also amazed that I made this all by myself!
All the squares were cut out of fabric with the big shot using this trusty die pictured below. This die cuts through 8 layers of fabric at a time and the squares are 4 3/8 x 4 3/8!
I also decorated her shirt and I made a hairbow to match, all using the big shot. I love that thing!

1 comment:

  1. How super cute is that!! How do you do the waist? I bet it was pretty easy...fun idea!!

    ReplyDelete