Thursday, May 21, 2009

From Scratch

I am always so proud of myself when I make a 3D item from scratch. I generally use a template from someone else. I have seen a lot of boxes like this before so I just made my own to fit the cards and envelopes I put inside. I started with a 12 x 8 piece of paper and scored an inch in the middle (for the bottom) and down the sides. This is what I made to hold the cards my son made for his preschool teacher. I just realized that the ribbon was crooked and I already gave it away. Oh well, try to imagine it with straight ribbon :) Here is the side view. The cards were really simple (you can see them here) so 1 inch was just perfect but if it had ribbon or accessories it would have needed a lot more space.

2 comments:

  1. This is so fun! I love the style of the holder for the cards. I think this is a perfect gift and I think it would make a way fun class! :) Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute and sounds super easy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete