Sunday, October 12, 2008

Card Night

I mentioned about a week ago about the cards I was designing for the big card making night. Here are the ones that my upline chose. It was fun to design these cards. I made this one first with poppin pastels and I was surprised to find out how many people haven't done this before, it is so much fun and I think of it as magic. First I stamped the tree in close to cocoa and then I stamped the leaves all over with versamark. Here is where the magic part comes in. With the sponge daubers, I sponged the leaves with 3 different colors using the pastels. (Start with the lightest color and work your way to the darkest) I used more mustard, pumpkin pie, and a little bit of real red. The image I stamped with versamark catches the chalk and stands out. It is fun you all need to try this sometime.

My mom is the one who suggested to me to make a card using all of the seasons and this is what I came up with. I was pleased to hear that so many people liked it. The image hiding under the clear button is a bird in the tree.
The other stamp set made cards with for friday night was A Holly Jolly Christmas. I will post these cards tomorrow with pictures of some of the others.

2 comments:

  1. very cute. I like the top the best. It looks like Autumn. I hope everything went well in Logan and you caught up on sleep

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE all 4 of these cards. I am so glad I got to make them! :)

    ReplyDelete