Friday, February 13, 2009

Partridge in a Pear Tree

Ok so I have absolutely no idea what a partridge actually looks like but it is what I think of everytime I see my page. I have been so excited to share my pages with you that we made for club this month but I wanted to surprise my girls for a change cause I know they check my blog even if they don't leave comments. *hint hint* One of the girls in my club told me that this is her favorite layout that we made, her comment made me so happy, she also has the best family pictures that totally match these colors to put on her page, so I am kind of jealous :) I know that pages 90 and 91 are many peoples favorites in the whole catalog and definitely one of my favorites too so I wanted to use them. Edit: we took some family pictures to match this page, do am I the only person who takes pictures to fit on a page? Here is the finished page. I wanted to use my new circle cutter and I couldn't resist using many of my new toys when I designed it. We used the new cheap talk stamp set but the good friend stamp set would look great too.

We also used a new big shot die. I love the new SU! Little Leaves die! I got the idea to punch out some flowers from the catalog on page 200 to add to it, I love the card and plan to case it soon. We just pierced a hole in the middle of the flowers and popped them with dimensionals. The scallop circles were made from another big shot die.

I love the new Latte buttons. The chocolate one matched so well to my page I couldn't resist using it (I know I am a sucker for anything new).


Here is a tip when using the circle cutter: Make sure you put adhesive on the paper you cut circles out of, we didn't do this at first and it was hard to keep the paper from moving but after a bit of adhesive was added (we used dotto) it made it so so easy!! So sorry girls that I didn't just do it at first.


I will post the card we made next week!

7 comments:

  1. Your pages are so beautiful. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like these. Everything you make is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so loving these pages! You are AMAZING! :) Great job, those pages of the catalog are some of my most favorite also! Too fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man, why do i have the sudden urge to go place an order!? I love every little detail on these pages! i'm sure your club girls LOVED these! i love the punched out flowers on the die cut leaves. great job!
    (not sure if you remember me but i am in ashleys downline and we have met a couple of times. :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Kasia! Awesome pages! I'm SO JEALOUS you have your circle cutter! I'm still waiting for mine to be shipped from backorder. I've been DYING for it and now I'm DYING even more so I can make a page like this. LOVE LOVE the colors, layout, EVERYTHING! You are ONE talented scrapper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute page. I love it. I wish I would have found it before club. I was using the circle cutter and needed inspiration. Great work. Candice

    ReplyDelete