Thursday, August 1, 2013

Zucchini Bread

I recently made a batch of zucchini bread and wanted to share it.  We decided to give it to some of my kids church teachers, and since it isn't very fun to just give a loaf of bread, I decided to make it look pretty.  I first started with a strip of Costal Cabana chevrons from the In Color Designer Series Paper Stacks.  This is wrapped all the way around the bread.  All it needed now was a tag from the Chalk Talk framelits and a bit of Summer Starfruit ribbon to hold it in place. 
 
 
To make the Summer Starfruit Doily, I just lightly inked it up with my stamp pad.  The Simply Pressed flower created the perfect touch.  After I snapped this photo, I wrote who the bread was for on the tag to personalize it a bit, and I am so glad I have the stampin write markers that match!
 
 
One tip i would like to share... The flowers take a while to dry but are sooo easy to make.  So when I am making some for a project I always make a few extra and store them in one of the clear stamp set cases.  That way when I am doing a project like this it is easy to grab one and adhere.  I like to attach them with hot glue or dimensionals.  Glue dots also work but not as well for me.

1 comment:

  1. Love the way you decorated this! I love the clay flowers! When I made them for a swap at convention, I put them in to the freezer to speed the amount of time before I could take them out of the mold. It worked really well!

    ReplyDelete