Monday, August 12, 2013

2nd Annual Wedding Card Class

In January I held my 2nd Annual Wedding Card Class.  It was a success so I will probably have another one next year.  Here are the cards we made:
 Everyone who attends gets to choose which cards they make and how many of each card.  All the cards were well loved and chosen by many people.   I tried to make a variety and I think I accomplished that. 
 
This first card is made with various punches and the Occasions Alphabet.  I love the sayings on this alphabet!
 I just love the chevrons and butterflies on this card.  The silver Glimmer paper gave it just the right amount of shine
The neutral colors on this card really speak to me.  The Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, and Sahara Sand.  You can't go wrong with this color combo. 
 I loved that flower trim....
My favorite part on this card was the burlap inspired ribbon.  To make this unique bow, I had one long piece of ribbon and tied a knot near the end.  Before pulling the knot tight, I slipped a shorter piece through the knot.
 After stamping with Basic Gray Ink, I used Stampin Write markers to outline the leaves and color in the flower for a subtle pop of color.
 This card definitely had a lot of stamping.  The scalloped flower has 4 images stamped onto it.  We then crumbled it in our hands to give it some dimension before adhering it to the card.
 
 This card was the favorite of the night... the chalkboard technique is so big this year. 
 I started by rubbing the embossing buddy over the black cardstock (this helps the embossing powder to only stick to the versamark and not to the cardstock).  After heat embossing, I used a sponge with the white ink to add some "chalk dust" to the cardstock.
 The flowers were lightly dipped on the stamp pad to add a bit of color.
I hope you enjoyed these cards, I look forward to creating the cards for my wedding class next year!  Everyone is invited, if you would like to come just let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment